NOVEMBER 2007

Using the list to the left, choose "November 2007 Update" and you will see all the newest information.

If you want to add pictures to our picture gallery, email Megan at mmfusco@law.stetson.edu.

Have fun and keep in touch!

Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Courtney Howard - Spring 2007

Greetings from Iowa! (not too thrilling, I know, but hey...)

Well, I am almost done with my second semester of grad school at the University of Iowa. It has been a crazy ride, but I am learning so much here and am having as good a time as you can in grad school with a full load of classes, several clients, plus two part-time jobs! I will be here most of the summer as we still have classes and clinic, and then in the fall. Next spring I will be working full-time on two different "outplacements" where I go and work under a speech-language pathologist supervisor for 8 weeks, not get paid, but learn a lot of on-the-job experience stuff. I am hoping to do one of those at home, in Sarasota, and another one in either St. Louis or Kansas City. Please pray that I make the right decisions and go to the best locations that suit my interests as well as have housing (well, obviously not while I'm at home because I'll be at home with 4 other adults plus a new baby- yikes!!) After that semester I am done and will graduate with my Master's in Speech-Language Pathology... then it's off to the real world of real work and paying back loans. Please also pray for wherever the Lord takes me; I am completely open about where to go in the country for a job- as long as it's the right job I'll go. This decision is obviously huge so I greatly appreciate all prayers.

As far as non-school news goes, I am attending a local community church. It's odd, but good churches are hard to find here in Iowa City. I like it well enough and have met some really nice people. I am also on a softball team with people from my department; our first game was this past Sunday night- we totally lost but it was a lot of fun. It's nice to have something silly to do as a break from the craziness of school.

Well, I guess that's all. I am super excited about my upcoming break as well as the arrival of my very own nephew whom I'm going to spoil rotten! My life isn't exciting, crazy busy, but not exciting.

Au Revoir ~ Court

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We still aren't sure when we will be making our annual trek to Iowa, but when we finalize dates, we will see if you will be in Iowa and if we could meet.