NOVEMBER 2007

Using the list to the left, choose "November 2007 Update" and you will see all the newest information.

If you want to add pictures to our picture gallery, email Megan at mmfusco@law.stetson.edu.

Have fun and keep in touch!

Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Nate Vogel - June 2007 Update

Well, I am currently living in Nashville TN. Things are going quite well, as I have had some small success the last 2 years in the mortgage business, as a broker. I plan to take a new job, however, and exit the mortgage world altogether in June. The new company is called Otterbase, a technical recruiting firm out of Grand Rapids. Although less lucrative than mortgages, there is much more oppurtunity for a career within a Nashville office that has only one other employee, and lots of room for growth. So maybe this will be it.

I bought a house last August, which I am living in and fixing up. I hope to have it sold in about six months; sort of a long flip that house, and I am preparing to buy a second house right now - hopefully for a very quick sale. Lets just say its not as easy as on TV, but with the right property it can be fun... but always time consuming. I have renovated a full kitchen and bathroom from the subflooring and studs, refinished hard wood floors, and painted throughout, to name a few things. I have a contractor that does most of my work for me, and I am getting an eye for how to tell good work from bad, even if I dont know how to actually do something. The final phase which is a master bath renovation and walk in closet is finally underway, so my time is spent demo'ing (tearing down) old tile and bathrrom walls. Fun Stuff. The house should look really nice when its all done and painted though, which is great.

I am dating a violin/fiddle player here in Nashville, her name is Lindy Donia. She has played with a few country acts like Taylor Swift, she also teaches part time and plays in a few symphonies in the area. We have been together since August, and having a great time.

I go to one of many extremely large churches in Nashville - Fellowship Bible. Its a great church for young adults, and has lots of areas to get involved, which I am hoping to do when my new job takes effect and I get normal 9-5 business hours. (rather than the 10-8 a loan officer works).

Oh and I finally got rid of the old white cavalier. I got $400 for it, and they hauled it away.

Im sure there is other stuff that I am leaving out, but thats the weekend update. God bless.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nate,
How exciting about your "house flipping". One of our favorite TV shows is "Flip That House". WE always think the demo would be the most fun part! IF you have a chance, post some photos!

Anonymous said...

Nate,

It is awesome to hear from you and see what God is doing in your life! The house does sound like an adventure..... Glad you are young and enjoying it! Like Becky, I would love to see some before and after photos. Your mortgage experience will come in handy in the "flip" I'm sure.

Aunt Debbie